Start by thinking of yourself as an independent affiliate management consultant. In this job you represent the least risk and potential maximum reward for the merchant hiring your administrations. We think it is a particularly lucrative, creative and enjoyable career option.
The advantage for the customer is:
- You take the weight of managing the affiliate team away from them.
- There is little risk to them as you are paid a percentage of sales.
- They can get on developing or enhancing their items.
You, on the other hand, can build up your career across several merchant affiliate programs and so de-risk the potential that a particular item does not sell.
As an independent affiliate manager you will zero in your efforts on working with one or more customers who sell their items solely online.
Is this a good career move for you?
Let’s see on the off chance that you have got what it takes to be an affiliate manager.
To be an effective affiliate manager you should have or have the option to learn the following abilities:
- This is a business – so you should do all the things associated with running a business. Like rolling up your sleeves and learn the basics. How to be organized, manage your time, and keep accurate income records.
- You will need to be disciplined about your daily activities.
- And manage cash stream.
- And track all your business costs and keep receipts (like the one you got from ClickBank when you purchased this eBook).
- Your income will rise once you a few customers on board and that means you will have taxable income.
- You will need to market yourself or your business, contact potential customers and give them proposals. You can do a large portion of this on line of course.
Working with Clients
affiliate management is a customer driven business. The merchants whose programs you will be running are your customers – and that means you have to interact with them and see the world from their point of view. You will need to get to know their item and understand their business. And you will need to discuss your merchants’ goals, plans, and even their dreams. Customers are the best thing about being an independent affiliate manager. You will find they are brimming with positive energy and exciting ideas. They are enthusiastic about their items. And they are genuinely interested in growing their business through affiliate marketing.